A delicious way to enjoy your catch!
Write a review
- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 4 litres of water
- 2 large salmon fillets or sides, pin bones removed
- Maple syrup for basting
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients, to create brine
- Place fish skin down into brine, and cure in refrigerator between 8 and 12 hours
- Remove fish from brine and place on a rack allowing the brine to dry on the fish. This usually takes 1 to 3 hours.
- Smoke the fish in your smoker, keeping the temperature inside the smoker between 150 degrees F and 200 degrees F until the thickest part of the fish registers 150 degrees.
- Baste with maple syrup when you have about 15 minutes left to cook
- Serve immediately or cool to room temperature, wrap tightly and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Pickerel, and Trout can also be used instead of Salmon
Please follow and like us: